July 4th at Lake Fork

July 4th we spent the day/night at Lake Fork with Michael’s parents and his Nannie. It was a great time for sure!


We got to the RV park just 30 minutes before they started the Golf Cart Parade. We hurried up and decorated the golf cart and off we went to line up.









I have to say, we did pretty dang good decorating for only having about 30 minutes to decorate! The amount and money some of these people put into the decorations on some of their gold carts was definitely a sight to see!

We made two laps around the park and then ended up parking all the gold carts together at the pavilion so that people could put tickets in your own bag to vote for their favorite. It was a blast just riding around in the parade. It wasn’t near as neat as the Jeep parades (lol) but it was a close 2nd!

After the parade, we made our way back to the RV and started eating dinner. Ribs, sausage, mashed potatoes, and corn, yum! Talk about an all American dinner!

We wrapped up dinner and went outside to sit on the deck. Boy was it a hot one but the view was sure to make you forget about the heat. 







We started hinting around the idea of shakes before the fireworks started. That’s exactly what we did! Michael ran to the nearest Sonic and picked all of us up a shake. By the way, if you haven’t tried their new Brownie Batter Shake, you NEED to! So delicious!!

While Michael was on a mission for some shakes, the rest of us piled on the golf cart and took a ride around the whole park. This was Michael’s Nannies first time seeing the whole place. So much fun!

Soon after we got back to the RV, Michael arrived with our shakes. They were the perfect treat for a summer day just as the sun was nearing the horizon.

The sun had barely made it pass the horizon and the fireworks started. KA-BOOM!
We literally had the perfect spot for firework viewing!
I brought my photography camera and got some of the most beautiful shots of them. I was really excited about that. My first time at ever shooting fireworks with the photography camera. It was definitely trial and error though! All in all it was a beautiful firework show!











Our night wrapped up soon after the fireworks. We were beat! 

We woke up about 7 or 8 that next morning and immediately started gathering everything of ours up and loading it in my Jeep. We had a long day of wheeling my Jeep at Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area  ahead of us. So we had to get going. That trip will be the next blog post! 

For now, here is a video of our 4th of July!

How was your 4th of July? What did you do?
I hope you had a great one!

No comments